Pelham Plastics is dedicated to hiring talented people who bring diverse and new work experience, skills and perspectives. This is the foundation to our team success. We offer an attractive work schedule of 4 day/10 hour work week and opportunity to work on projects, products and processes that result in life saving devices. If we do not have a job posted at this time or in your particular area of interest, we encourage you to apply anytime.
Job Title: Assembler (2nd Shift – Part and Full Time)
Reports to: Production Supervisor
We are looking for an Assembler to join our second shift team. We are willing to train the right candidate who meets these requirements:
- Steady work history
- Ability to understand spoken and written instructions in English
- Basic computer skills needed
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment
- Good visual capability for inspection, occasionally with magnified ring light
- Manual dexterity to work with small parts in a clean room environment.
Under direct supervision, performs rudimentary assembly operations of a repetitive nature to assemble routine plastic components for the medical device industry.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs rudimentary assembly of plastic medical components in accordance with written and verbal work instructions (WI’s), manufacturing procedures (MP’s) and drawings / blueprints.
- Performs in-process inspection of components for defect awareness.
- Uses fixtures and dies, such as cut to length fixtures, to modify plastic components.
- Performs routine tasks in preparation of assembly such as cutting tubing to specified length and cleaning components.
- Operates routine equipment within the assembly process such as but not limited to, eye coring machine, hot blocks, RF machine, and pad printer to alter parts and tubing configurations.
- Uses measurement devices such as vernier calipers, micrometers and scales in performing routine assembly of plastic components.
- Data entry of component quantities, scrap quantities and defect codes, and other required information into the company’s ERP system with the use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and barcode scanner.
- Adheres to good documentation practices and completes manufacturing documentation as required (i.e., job travelers, run sheets, hourly data, communication board, etc.).
- Maintains work area by making sure work station is in clean and orderly condition and meets the company’s standards for cleanliness, safety and line clearance.
- Maintains compliance to the Company’s Quality Management System procedures and guidelines.
- Notifies the Group Leader or Supervisor when components do not conform to specification.
- Reports any safety related issues to Group Leader or Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include; cleaning, vacuuming and trash disposal.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language. Must follow good documentation and manufacturing practices. Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions. Basic computer skills (keyboard and mouse) are required.
EXPERIENCE: 0 – 2 years related experience assembling small parts. Ability to learn to read drawings / blueprints.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Fine motor skills, good mechanical aptitude, ability to learn to use microscope and or magnified ring light. Ability to learn to use measurement devices (Vernier calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, etc.). Ability to work with others in a team environment. Handle and work with sharp objects such as razor blades, cutters and x-acto knives.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to push, pull or lift up to 20 lbs; position self to sit, stand, bend and/or stoop for long periods of time without being able to leave the work area; good visual acuity with or without corrective lenses; fine motor skills; and able to work in an environment that requires wearing frocks, shoe covers, hair/beard covers, gloves, hearing protection and safety glasses.
If you are an individual who cares about making quality products that save lives, consider joining our team. You will enjoy great benefits, a supportive team, and a 4-day work week.
Resumes may be submitted via:
- Website: email@example.com
- Mail: Pelham Plastics, Inc., 42 Dick Tracy Drive, PO Box 997, Pelham, NH 03076
- Fax: 603-886-3311