Pelham Plastics is dedicated to hiring talented people who bring diverse and new work experience, skills and perspectives. This is the foundation to our team success. We offer an attractive work schedule of 4 day/10 hour work week and opportunity to work on projects, products and processes that result in life saving devices. If we do not have a job posted at this time or in your particular area of interest, we encourage you to apply anytime.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Plans, selects and implements a wide variety of engineering technologies and methods for cost effective and efficient manufacturing of products. Optimizes and streamlines processes for improved product quality, yield and cycle time improvements.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses and tracks yield, labor and material and identifies variances and defects for improved product quality, yield and cycle time.
- Identifies and implements lean manufacturing concepts to eliminate non-value added activities.
- Ensures the proper documentation is prepared and completed to meet the company’s Quality Management System requirements (i.e., work instructions, engineering technical reports, process FMEA’s, equipment specifications and product specifications/prints).
- Reviews and monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and identifies and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
- Works with management to efficiently resolve raw material, process, equipment and/or training issues on the floor. Develops and implements corrective actions as required.
- Provides guidance and training in the set up of equipment and machinery and ensures effective setup techniques are implemented and followed. Trains production personnel in production techniques, as required.
- Transfers new products and processes from R&D into production by interfacing with process engineering on specification development and capability studies. Provides training to trainers and set up operators on new and revised procedures.
- Makes recommendations for new capital equipment expenditures and evaluates vendor proposals.
- Resolves problems and assists others with problem resolution when inaccuracies occur between documentation and manufacturing procedures. Generates Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) as required.
- Participates on cross functional or project teams and contributes continuous improvement and/or cross-functional teams.
- Maintains documentation and details studies via laboratory notebook.
- Maintains compliance to the Pelham Plastics Quality Management System procedures. Adheres to the company’s policies & procedures.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Plastics or a related engineering discipline or the equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in plastics manufacturing and/or the medical devices industry or the equivalent.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Understanding of plastics engineering principles, practices and techniques; able to read blueprints and schematics; familiar with statistics; PC proficiency; problem solving capabilities; effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to lift up to 20 lbs; sit, stand, bend and stoop; good visual acuity and capable of fine motor skills.
If you are an individual who cares about making quality products that save lives, consider joining our team. You will enjoy great benefits, a supportive team, and a 4-day work week.
Resumes may be submitted via:
- Website: email@example.com
- Mail: Pelham Plastics, Inc., PO Box 997, Pelham, NH 03076
- Fax: 603-886-3311